Date/Time of Release: 12/17/2013 - 08:30
Contact Person: Dwes Hutson
Contact Number: 541-440-4464
Subject: Douglas County Sheriff's Office Cracking Down on Drunk Drivers
Date/Time of Incident: 12/17/2013 - 08:30
Incident Location: Douglas County
Case Number: n/a
Douglas County Sheriff’s Deputies will participate in a statewide traffic safety campaign focusing on DUII enforcement for the 2013 holiday season. The campaign will run from December 13, 2013 through January 2, 2014. As part of the campaign, the Sheriff’s Office will increase traffic patrols directly focusing on DUII related investigations.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office along with the Oregon Department of Transportation encourages all drivers to celebrate the holidays safely, and follow these tips:
* Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk—or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
* If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
* If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
* Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
* If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.
Remember, it is never safe to drink and drive: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.