Date/Time of Release: 05/13/2014 - 08:30
Contact Person: Dwes Hutson
Contact Number: 541-440-4464
Subject: Sheriff's Office Participating in DUII Enforcement Campaign
Date/Time of Incident: 05/24/2014 - 00:00
Incident Location: Douglas County, OR
Case Number: n/a
Douglas County Sheriff’s Deputies will participate in a statewide traffic safety campaign focusing on DUII enforcement for the 2014 Memorial Day weekend. The campaign will run from May 24, 2014 through May 31, 2014. As part of the campaign, the Sheriff’s Office will increase traffic patrols directly focusing on DUII related investigations.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office along with the Oregon Department of Transportation encourages all drivers to celebrate the holidays safely, and follow these tips:
* Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk—or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
* If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
* If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
* Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
* If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.
Remember, it is never safe to drink and drive: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.