Entry Level Patrol Deputy Information
PATROL DEPUTY POSITION (Entry Level)
($27.68 - $35.35)
Salary and Benefits:
- First 6 months of training is paid at $27.68 per hour. If progressing within standards, increase to $29.20 per hour after 6 months. Merit increases give annually thereafter at 5% per year. Current pay scale is $27.68 - $35.35 per hour.
- Intermediate Certification pay is 4% extra incentive
- Advanced Certification pay is 8% extra incentive
- Education incentives: 1% Associates and 2% Bachelor’s
- Group insurance rates include: County paid Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance Coverage, Statutory Life Coverage (for eligible employees) and Accidental Death & Disability.
- Current DCLEA Insurance Rates found here: DCLEA Insurance Rates
- HRA VEBA accounts county contribution of $212 per month.
- PERS and optional deferred comp provided
What are the minimum qualifications?
Age : 21
High School Grad/GED : Yes
Valid OREGON Driver's License : Yes
Additional Requirements :
- Must pass the pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a pre-employment psychological
- Must pass the pre-employment background check. Please see Disqualifiers here: Disqualifiers
- Must have completed the ORPAT (Oregon Physical Agility Test) within one year from date of application. Douglas County has periodic testing dates that can be scheduled, or you can transfer a time from another agency if taken within the last year. Please see link for video of ORPAT: ORPAT VIDEO
- Pass the required NTN testing. Please follow this link: PATROL DEPUTY TESTING
- Required passing scores are: Video Score 65, Writing Score 70, Reading Score 70
- Must be able to work periodic overtime and a variety of rotating shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Pass a vision and hearing examination.
- Graduation from high school or a G.E.D.