The Douglas County Sheriff's Office Records Division has citizens that volunteer their time to organize, copy and file confidential police reports.
Volunteers in this program must be self-motivated, flexible and work well independently. Ability to put documents in numerical order is essential. Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification are beneficial qualities for this position. Keyboarding, while not mandatory, will expand the range of assigned tasks. Confidentiality is required.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to perform assignments
- Ability to work effectively with law enforcement
- Be a productive member of good standing in the community
- Capacity to work independently with limited close supervision
- No history of drug use or abuse
- No history of felony or violent misdemeanor arrest
- Possess a good moral character
- Willingness and ability to pass a thorough background check
Email the Sheriff's Office to apply.